Discovering Dorico with Frank Heckel, Part 2
LA 12 PM | NY 3 PM | UK 8 PM
Discovering Dorico with Frank Heckel
Covered Topics (as time permits)
- Short recap from Part 1 for those who could not attend it
- From (going) nuts to notation: Lots of little levers to do in an instant what wastes tremendous time elsewhere
- Creating cues quickly
- Chaos of Chord Symbols is a pain of the past
- Taming the »terror« of tuplets
- Making our beloved ASMAC president happy—a special for Gayle: HARP-notation
- Percussion: Drum Kit • Orchestral • Part creation
- The clock is ticking: Simultaneous different time-signatures with or without aligned barlines
- Advanced Arranging (the »ASMAC«-Adagio): View a live arranging situation with weird real-world »rumble« domesticated by Dorico
- A Movie Composers’ Paradise: Video and TimeCode in Dorico
- Condensing a score—and retaining all the instrumental parts (»To boldly go where no notation software has gone before …«)
- Love the Layout: Master-pages like in Desktop publishing-software
- Playback with external plugins and the Sequencer-style »Piano-roll«-view
- Combination of different playback devices and proper playback of Solo Strings (NotePerformer)
- Migrating your music from other notation software or DAW
- PDF/Printing with perfect preview
- Lots of lovely details for saving your precious lifetime
- Pose all your hard questions
Please be aware of the Steinberg End of Summer Sale, which starts on 25 August and runs until 23 September. During that time, anybody who buys a new license for Dorico Pro 3.5 (either a retail or crossgrade license – edu licenses are not included in the promotion) using the promo code SUMMERSALE in the Steinberg online shop will save 30%. Furthermore, anybody who buys Dorico 3.5 during this promotion will also be eligible for a free update to Dorico 4 when it is released later in the year.
Frank Heckel (*1964):
Composer • Conductor • Orchestrator for Film/TV and Concert Hall, based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Besides working as orchestrator, conductor and “musicstuntman” for Film and TV, Frank composes and arranges mostly for symphony orchestra-live performances, transforming Pop/Rock/Metal works into “Symphonic Poems” and orchestrating classical pieces exactly in the style of the composer.
Frank created the German localization of the first versions of the music notation-software SIBELIUS in the late 90s and was Germany’s top expert / trainer for two decades (and wrote the 720-page book Sibelius Praxisbuch in 2008).
In 2017 he was invited by the former Sibelius-product manager and now DORICO mastermind Daniel Spreadbury to promote Steinberg DORICO for the German market. Since then he’s been one of Germany’s leading DORICO experts.
Frank’s works for the Concert Hall are published by SIKORSKI, Hamburg, and Edition Peters, Frankfurt am Main.
Frank Heckel on IMDB:
|Event Date||Wednesday, September 15, 2021 12:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||Sunday, August 15, 2021 12:00 pm|
|Cut off date||Wednesday, September 15, 2021 3:00 pm|